1. Grant of Rights. Subject to your complete and ongoing compliance with all the terms and conditions of this License, Road Star grants you (1) a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license, without the right of sublicense, to install and use the authorized number of copies of the Software for each month that you have paid for in advance (one copy used in each unit) solely in machine-readable form and solely for your use for lawful purposes, on the authorized number of compatible mobile devices that you or your drivers own or control, and (2) right to access and use the Service and its contents.
2. Use Restrictions. You may not: copy, sell, rent, sublicense, assign, modify, publicly display or distribute, or make a derivative work from the Software or Service. The Software contains valuable trade secrets owned by Road Star. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you may not reverse engineer, decompile, recompile or otherwise access the Software or Service source code; use the Software or Service on behalf of others or allow any third party to access the Software. The Software and Service allow communications to be sent between you and your drivers so you and your drivers may not send SPAM or otherwise duplicative or unsolicited messages in violation of applicable laws; send or store infringing, obscene, threatening, libelous, or otherwise unlawful material, including material which violates privacy rights; send or store material containing viruses or other harmful computer code; interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Software or Service; or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Software.
3. Location-Based Data. The primary purpose of the Software and Service is for a carrier to track its units. By logging into the Software, you authorize Road Star to access your location and report it in the Service. You agree and acknowledge that (1) location data Road Star collects from you is directly relevant to your use of the Software and Service and (2) Road Star may, for so long as your drivers allow, provide drivers locations to the Service so that they may be monitored by you, as the carrier. If you choose to disable the Software, you will not be able to effectively use the Service. PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FACT THAT LOCATION DATA MAY NOT ALWAYS BE ACCURATE AND Road Star DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES RELATED TO LOCATION DATA. If you provide data about equipment or loads, including but not limited to source and destination, contract rate, lane usage, and equipment type, you agree Road Star may use that data for any analytical purposes to improve the Software and Service. If you use the Software outside the United States, you expressly consent to the transfer and processing of your data outside that jurisdiction.
4. Intellectual Property Ownership. Road Star exclusively owns all title and copyright in the Software and Service. You may not remove or alter any copyright notice or other warning displayed in the Software or Service. This License is not a sale and does not convey any of these rights of ownership to you.
5. Modifications. Road Star reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of the Software or Service, or to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this License at any time by making the modified License available to you through the Service. The License will be identified as of the most recent date of revision and will be effective immediately upon being made available through the Service, except as follows: (1) in the event any modification materially alters your rights, Road Star will attempt to notify you directly through a message sent to the email address you have provided to Road Star, if any, or through a pop-up window or other notification when you access or use the Software or Service, (2) such materially modified License will be effective upon the earlier of your use of the Service with actual knowledge of the changes or 30 days after the changes are made available to you, and (3) no modifications to this License will apply to any dispute between you and Road Star that arose prior to the date of such modification. Your use of the Service after modifications to the License become effective constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes. If you are dissatisfied with the terms of the EULA or any modifications, then you agree that your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue any use of the Software and Service.
6. Third-Party Communications Systems. In order to use the Software and Service, you must use third party communication systems such as mobile phones or similar devices and their related wireless service. Road Star HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE AVAILABILITY, QUALITY OR PERFORMANCE OF THIRD-PARTY COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS OR EQUIPMENT FURNISHED BY COMMUNICATIONS CARRIERS.
7. No Warranties. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. Road Star DOES NOT WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE OR RESULTS YOU MAY OBTAIN BY USING THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICE. YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO RESULTS AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE AND SERVICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, Road Star DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Road Star DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT (1) THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, OR ERROR-FREE OR OPERATE IN COMBINATION WITH ANY OTHER DEVICE, SOFTWARE, SYSTEM, OR DATA; (2) THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS; (3) ERRORS OR DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR (4) THE SOFTWARE AND SERVICE WILL ALWAYS BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
8. Limitation of Liability. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL Road Star BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES HOWEVER CAUSED AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICE, EVEN IF Road Star HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY EXCLUSIVE REMEDY PROVIDED IN THIS LICENSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL Road Star TOTAL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THIS LICENSE EXCEED THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID TO Road Star FOR THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE AND SERVICE GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM. THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS.
9. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Road Star and its affiliates, officers, directors, and employees, harmless from and against any and all liability and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees incurred by such parties, in connection with or arising out of your use or misuse of the Software or Service, and you violation of this License, any applicable law or regulation, or the rights of any third parties related to the use of the Software or Service.
10. Termination. Your rights under this License will terminate immediately without notice if you do not comply with all of the terms of this License. You may terminate the License by uninstalling the Software and ceasing to use the Service. Road Star may terminate this License at any time for any reason, including any actual or suspected misuse or abuse by you of the Software or Service. Sections 4, 6-8, 10 and 12 will survive any termination of this License.
11. Governing Law and Arbitration. This License shall be construed and governed under the substantive laws of the State of Illinois, without effect of conflict of law's provisions. To the extent that any court proceeding is permitted in this License, you and Road Star agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts and federal courts located within Cook County, Illinois for the purpose of litigating all such disputes. However, you agree that all disputes brought under this License shall be resolved by binding arbitration before an arbitrator under the commercial arbitration rules of ADR Systems in Chicago. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT TO ASSERT OR DEFEND YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THIS CONTRACT (EXCEPT FOR MATTERS THAT MAY BE TAKEN TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT). YOUR RIGHTS WILL BE DETERMINED BY A NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR AND NOT A JUDGE OR JURY AND YOUR CLAIMS CANNOT BE BROUGHT AS A CLASS ACTION.
12. Authority. By accepting this License and using the Software and Service, you acknowledge and confirm that you are a bona fide shipper, third-party logistics provider, freight forwarder, intermodal or rail company or motor carrier of legal age to operate and to enter into this License.
13. U.S. Government Users. For U.S. Government agencies or contractor licensees, use, duplication or disclosure of the Software is granted with "Restricted Rights" subject to the restrictions set forth in this License and as provided in FAR 52.227.19(c)(2) or subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of the rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS 252.227-7013, and/or in similar or successor clauses in the FAR, or the DOD or NASA FAR Supplement.
14. International Use. The Service is controlled and operated from within the United States and intended for use within the United State. Road Star makes no representations that the Software or Service is appropriate in locations outside the United States. Those who choose to access the Software or Service from other locations are responsible for compliance with applicable laws.
15. Miscellaneous. This License is the entire agreement between you and Road Star, and supersedes any and all prior agreements, negotiations, or other communications between you and Road Star, whether oral or written, with respect to the subject matter of this License. You may not export or re-export the Software without (1) the prior written consent of Road Star; and (2) complying with applicable export control laws and obtaining any necessary permits and licenses. In the event that any provision of this License is held to be invalid or unenforceable, then: (a) such provision shall be deemed reformed to the extent strictly necessary to render such provision valid and enforceable, or if not capable of such reformation shall be deemed severed from this License; and (b) the validity and enforceability of all of the other provisions, shall in no way be affected or impaired by that change. You may not assign this License without the prior written consent of Road Star, whether expressly or by operation of law, including in connection with a merger or change of control, and any such attempted assignment shall be void and of no effect. Road Star may assign this License without restriction and without any notice to you or consent from you. Subject to the foregoing, this License shall be binding on the parties and their respective successors and permitted assigns. The failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, a right, power or remedy provided in this License or by law shall not constitute a waiver of that right, power or remedy. Road Star waiver of any obligation or breach of this License shall not operate as a waiver of any other obligation or subsequent breach of the License.